Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Work Life Balance


"And it is mind over matter"

It is Day 5 of #100beautifuldays, and the attempt at being healthy is taking a toll on me.

The stress from leaving work on time.

For the past two days, I have been leaving promptly at 5pm so that I could go for gym classes at Amore. And I was hoping today will be no different - to leave early and go for a run. I really wanted to keep up the momentum, and told myself that no matter what, I must continue my exercise.

Mind over matter, they say

So I worked as quickly as possible (sadly I reached office 30mins late due to a train delay #smrtfail). I did not touch my phone much except for work issues, didnt access facebook, didnt go for lunch. And yet, I could only pluck myself away from the desk 1hr after end of work, with thoughts of "if need be, I can continue working from home tonight."

9.5hours of utter concentration and I still couldnt finish. And I do believe I am not slow. Is OT an invisible mandatory in our contract? Must we sell our lives away to the office? Am I a whiner making excuses?
It is tiring. I barely get enough sleep every night because I have to get up at 545am everyday to make it to work on time. But I am trying to make an effort here - to be a healthier better me.

Better than others, anyway.

I may not work as late as others, but that doesnt mean I should be condemned for my whines. I dont want work to make up all my life - which currently it feels so. I should have a life outside work, I should have time to feel like doing whatever I want.

It is less than 5hrs to the end of today and I am still on the way home. After all these rants, I just need to suck it up and make use of these few hours. To see how I can possibly squeeze in some exercise or stretches so that efforts from the past few days don't go to waste.

I can do it, I know I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails