Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Nuffnang Movie Contest: Frankenweenie

 

Another Disney movie for the year... Frankenweenie!

When I first saw the trailer, I wasn't surprised to see that the film was by Tim Burton. Reminds me of Dark Shadows kind of quirky (or you could say "a little weird") theme. You know you are in for a out-of-the-world movie, the type where you will never guess what's coming next. 

Frankenweenie is a story about a boy, Victor, and his dog, Sparky. It shows the heartwarming  ties between him and his dog, where he used the power of science to bring his best friend back to life. It is sort of a parody of Frankenstein, where Sparky ran out of the house and spooked people in the town. Thereafter, the possibility of "reviving the dead" starting spreading through the town, a power which could be dangerous in the wrong hands.

How far will you go to keep your favorite pet by your side forever? Well...putting aside the limitation in science of today. Even if I could, I don't think I'll do something which goes against the law of nature. Imagine if this power revives dinosaurs - I really don't want to see a t-rex stomping down all our HDBs. Just as long as we cherish the moment today, to care and love our pets fully, I don't think we should have any regrets. 

But serious thoughts aside, I am looking forward to Frankenweenie and see how things turn out between Victor and Sparky - and how Tim Burton will infuse his form of satirical humour into such a movie. Also, this is probably going to be the first black and white movie which I'll be watching in full - short charlie chaplin clips during school days do not count. 

Check out the trailer here!



Catch Disney’s FRANKENWEENIE in cinemas this 15 November 2012 and like the Official Walt Disney Studios Singapore Facebook Page, follow the @disneystudiosSG and subscribe to Official Disney Studios Singapore YouTube Channel!”



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails