Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Interviews...to say or not to say



I think this is a major challenge for me: should I say what I really feel? If I did, I imagine that I will insult alot of people. Or lose job opportunities.

Showing the real you never works for interviews. I mean, imagine a question asking you what you like about the previous company. Well, I can't say things that I like the colleagues, I like the pantry or...say that I totally hate that place. So how? You have to fake it through...and I think I need to work on that. I am quite sure the interviewers could see the look of displeasure on my face. 



The worse thing is to ask about why you choose the company. Of course it is easy if it is a company that you really reaaallllyyyyy want to work in. The passion can be seen probably the moment you open your mouth. But what if you are not really passionate about working there, but you just apply because having a job is better than having no job?

Of course it is always best to do what you love to do and what you really want to do. But do we always get what we want? Nope. Thus, it is important to know how to fake it. I think my mum will really disagree with this. She thinks that one should do what she really wants, and then opportunities will arise, so don't jump into something that you are not completely comfortable with. I think that is really optimistic and totally idealistic.

I think I really need more luck for job hunting. Sadly, I do not really have strings to pull.

*sigh* 




Combining with my previous Lessons Points from Interviews

#1: Always read up on job descriptions beforehand
#2: Think of at least 2 qns to ask employers (1 doesn't seem enough)
#3: No matter how the interviewer treats you, remember to plaster a smile on your face
#4: Master the art of faking it in a believable manner
#5: Pray and do whatever superstitious stuff in order to improve on your luck (okay, kidding :p)




Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails