Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Togi Korean Restaurant

As usual, I camped at HSSML to work on my thesis. It was a pain getting to school today. Not sure what is wrong with the bus system, but there was a bus drought at my house - not a single bus for 15mins! And there are supposed to be 6 buses plying through that area! Ugh... and I can only take 852, so I waited for 30+mins before I finally got on the bus. In the end, I took 2.5hrs to reach school - it must be a new record! Haiz, busing woes...

I realised that I am having much difficulty writing my 80-page thesis. I didn't expect that; I can usually write reports pretty well...for some reasons, words just flow out! I am pretty good in crapping eh ;) must be due to blogging for 5.5yrs! Well, I hope that I can quickly string all my thoughts together...I am hoping to finish the literature review and findings section by this recess wk! I think I will need to camp in sch over the wkends if I am really determined to finish it :s

Anyway, after a crazy day battling with my thesis, I met tiara, francine and daniel at Chinatown for Korean food, recommended by Tiara! I am glad we are still meeting up...in fact, this is the only project grp that I keep in contact with! Haiz...I should have put in more effort to keep in contact with my uni grps, then I may feel that uni is more fun :(

Photobucket

We had dinner at Togi Korean Restaurant and it seems really authentic! Well, the owners are definitely Korean who knows only basic English. That is definitely one indication of its authenticity right? The restaurant is pretty small, so we had to queue for awhile.

Food that we ordered:

Photobucket
The side dishes, not sure if it is complimentary

Photobucket
Bibimbap - we ordered the chicken and beef one...chicken is nicer! :D

Photobucket
Chicken bibimbap

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ginseng Chicken Soup

Photobucket
Kimchi Soup

Photobucket
Pork & Squid - out of my food categories, but apparently it is nice :)

Photobucket
Grilled Saba - nice!


It is definitely worth the wait - the food was awesome!! I especially liked the Ginseng Chicken Soup!

Photobucket

The meat was so soft and tender and the soup was not overly herby, it was just right! Now I feel revitalised and all ready to battle my thesis again tml!

The bill amounted to $95.40 for 4 of us, so about $24 each...quite okay considering how much food we ordered! After that we walked abit and ended up at Macs for icecream before heading home.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't wait for the nx meetup...let's try to meet once every month at least kz! So far we are on track! Haha, cos we met at Nex in January! Next time we can go do something...how about minds cafe? Or ktv?

Haha, francine can show us all her Korean hiphop moves!! :p


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails