Tuesday, December 07, 2010

JOY IS BMW

Photobucket

Start of my back logging entries again since I've some time now while conducting studies. So on 13th November, after gh's horrendous Week 13, we went out (after a very long time!) and he brought me to BMW World which was held at Marina Bay Sands.

I remember when I was in secondary school we always compared:

Would you rather have a merc or a bmw?
and most people will choose BMW because the merc is like some uncle car and most ah pehs will all have it. So being young, hip and cool, we must choose BMW instead! Well, as you can see, that is really quite a long time ago, now Mercedes Benz does not look that uncle-ish anymore, much more sleek and well, cooler.

My dream car is a BMW 6 Series. When I take the shuttle bus from my house, I will always pass by this landed property which owns a black BMW 6 series. I saw it a few times before at the kinda "common" exit that we have out of our estate. COOL LA PLS! And at least it is a 5 seater, so it's not a selfish car. I call all 2 seaters as selfish car. Don't know why people want them (unless it's their spare weekend car).

Photobucket

Photobucket
It wasn't that sparse, it was quite packed actually. Difficult to take pictures of the car without any people!


Here are the old vintage cars:

Photobucket

I don't know why it is all in red. Seriously, I don't see much red BMWs around? Red is like the colour for ferrari, anything else is just...pretentious?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


There was this one tiny section of BMW bikes too. No idea why they create bikes, I HATE BIKES please. Can't believe my daddy used to drive a bike. Mummy REFUSED to take it though, she say she will take the bus, while my daddy follow behind in a bike (and thereafter, he sold it). Bikes are a menace on the roads, don't try to convince me otherwise.

Photobucket


Okay, one picture, that's it. Back to the cars.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And this was the STAR of the show. BMW's concept car which can change shape. Shit, forgot the name. Shall go ask gh and then update again. It was like 1 month ago can, of course I cannot remember. Too bad we didn't get to see it change shape though. It was basically there for show. It looks super fierce!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And my dream car was also on display! I don't know why they put it so far behind, so there wasn't much people around.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
CHEATED! this is not a 5 seater car pls, the back got so little leg space!!! put what, dog ar. wth.


Other than car displays, there are other displays to showcase more about the bmw engineering,

Photobucket

and there was also a lounge area to relax (dare not buy anything, sure v ex!)

Photobucket

and also an area to put your little kids while you go in search of what car to buy,

Photobucket

and other BMW collectibles,

Photobucket
gh seems to really want this

and cute cars for your kids!

Photobucket


There were amazing alot of people at the BMW World. Well, main thing was because of its free admission. Free, who won't go right? So there were lots of little kids and aunties who don't potentially look like they are interested in cars and want to buy.

Some last pictures before we left BMW World:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails