Sunday, June 20, 2010

Heinz Teambuilding Part 4: Singapore Flyer

After resting in the lobby for 30 minutes, we were finally on our way to the Singapore Flyer! I took Yvonne's car with 2 other Indonesians and 1 Vietnamese. I have always been abit scared to take Yvonne's car, she drives very skillfully, but scarily too! Usually when I sit in the backseat, I do not always buckle up (it depends), but when I step into her car, I immediately buckle up and hold on to the side. haha :p

Photobucket
Photobucket

Everyone was taking lots of pictures with the Flyer. It wasn't a very good day to take the Flyer because it was really cloudy and it had just stopped raining. Clear sunny skies would have been the best! This is the second time that I've taken the Flyer, having taken it just 1+ week ago, courtesy of NFC and Nuffnang.

Photobucket
I want to take that heart shaped picture as well!

There wasn't much of a queue since it was a weekday. There were some tourists, but we didn't have to wait very long before boarding the world's largest observation wheel. We got a capsule to ourselves too! What a bargain! Usually, to book a capsule, it costs around $1k if I'm not wrong. With 15 of us there, it cost about $400+ only! BARGAIN LA! :D I was initially afraid that all of us will not be able to get onto the capsule together, because it is constantly on the move. The rest also didn't feel some sense of urgency, and stood quite sparsely apart. Me, being the kiasu one, squeezed till nearing the front, so that I will not be left behind :p


Photobucket
Photobucket
The inflight compass was really helpful. But because of the cloudiness, it wasn't possible to see that far

Photobucket
Dan (Managing Director) and Yvonne (Product Manager)

Photobucket
Ugly rain droplets spoiling the photo! :(

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

According to Yvonne, the Benjamin Sheares bridge is going to be knocked down and there will be another bridge connecting to the Marina Barrage and Marina Bay Sands area! I can't believe it, I thought the Benjamin Sheares bridge has some historical connoctation to it, and is probably a preserved heritage site! Oh well, but perhaps it may happen, you never know what the Singapore government is thinking. It is like how they tore down the old National Library site.


Photobucket
Photobucket


I actually took way more zi pai pictures of myself on the Flyer. However, some of it turned out pretty blur. I think it is because I set my shutter speed to Min 1. I need really steady hands for that! But pictures look better because there is more light falling in.


Photobucket
Photobucket

After our flight, we went to the souvenir shop and Dan bought the softcopy of our photos. It is pretty worth it to buy the softcopy, because it cost S$25 for a CD. And we can distribute it amongst ourselves, and develop it on our own if we want to. If we develop it on the spot, it cost around S$20 if I'm not wrong.

 
Photobucket

Photobucket



And after our short trip at the Singapore Flyer, we headed down to One Fullerton for dinner at Palm Beach Seafood Restaurant...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails