Wednesday, June 30, 2010

22nd Birthday Dinner - We're swingin' together

*1st July: Updated with pictures

What's a birthday without presents right? After having dessert at 记得吃, gh gave me my present :) and I really like it alot :)

I love handmade presents, and gh does it the best! Other than handmade presents, I like big big cards too. Because in a card, it means that someone has to actually write something (in this case, alot of things since it is big) and from there, you will really understand how someone feels about you. So I think that it is really meaningful as well. In fact nowadays, I dislike facebook birthday greetings. Because sometimes, you don't know whether someone really remembers and wants to wish you, or is it because of the birthday reminders.

For now,

snail mail > sms > facebook.

Since almost everyone doesn't use snail mail anymore, so I guess sms has become more sincere than it was previously. Maybe I need to revive the snail mail trend amongst my friends, by sending them a birthday card instead!

Okay, this is massive digressing, let's see my present instead :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

he made the internal swing, and also connected the lightbulbs all by himself! Looks nice right? And I see that he very obviously made sure that one of the figures is taller and one is shorter. Of course I'm the taller one right? Haha!

Handmade presents are meaningful, it doesn't have to cost alot in terms of money, but it represents tons and tons of sincerity. Because it means that someone actually bothers. The time and effort spent on it cannot be measured, and it is really touching to receive such gifts. Even if it doesn't turn out successful, but it is still sincere and meaningful, and should be cherished.

Because that person actually bothers.

I'm not sure whether I've posted all these pictures before, but here are some presents which gh has given me :) I really love all of them!


Valentine's Day 2010:
Photobucket
it lives inside that jug

Photobucket
my own cute little bear!

Photobucket
 i was v bad not to give him anything for vdae though...cos i thought he wun bother to gimme anything



Christmas 2007:
Photobucket
This is so amazing :) apparently inside the wooden house, there's a piece of paper which says "i love you". at that time we were not together yet, so he put it inside, and told me to ask him what he wrote 1 year later (and i remembered) gh was quite romantic last time eh, can't say the same for now :p



Valentine's Day 2008:
Photobucket
he gave me a scrapbook full of our moments and memories

Photobucket
this is an awful polaroid :( me wants to take again. i'm considering getting the fujifilm polaroid, but it's ex :(

Photobucket
joo chiat pictures

Photobucket

Photobucket
he kept all the receipts and passes! i'll never forget sentosa too! that was one of the happiest moments, i feel.

Photobucket

Photobucket
he even kept the doodles at starbucks! quite sentimental eh....last time la :p

Photobucket
valentine's day dried up flowers

Photobucket
his 2 christmas cards to me :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
guess what is our favourite cinema? THE CATHAY! :D lido tickets were mainly from Nuffnang, that's why

Photobucket
and i've also been sentimental to keep all of our passes! :)

it has been a very wonderful 2+ years together, and the Moments book is not at its last page yet. so I will continue to fill it up with many many more Moments to go :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails