Monday, June 28, 2010

22nd Birthday Dinner - Shopping & Neoprints at Bugis

So after dinner at Tao's Restaurant, we headed down to Bugis Street for some shopping. I have a love hate relationship with Bugis. It has really cheap stuff (lots of S$10 clothes) but it is usually really really crowded. But I really wanted to get my owl bag in which I missed out upon when shopping there with Dawn previously. So despite it being a Friday, I decided to battle the crowd and go SHOPPING :D


This is a pretty old picture of Bugis Street which I got from Google Images. There is no more DHL balloon anymore! In fact, I feel that Bugis Street is perhaps the ONLY street market that Singapore has, not counting those pasar malams.

Surprisingly, I found my owl bag pretty easily! It was located at Princess Street inside Bugis Street. Yup, Bugis street has internal street names as well, like Princess Street and Dragon Street. So as not to get lost, or to miss out on shops, take note of the street names! After buying the owl bag for S$20 (i didn't bargain at all), for some reason, I found lots of stuff to buy! Like shorts S$10 and 2 dresses, also S$10 each. Muahahaha! Good thing some of the shops accepted Nets too, because I was getting low on cash.

After I decided that I'm broke, we headed back to Bugis Junction and went to take neoprints! There are so few neoprint machines left in Singapore! I wish Heeren will bring back all the neoprint machines again...perhaps there will be more people visiting Heeren if they do! So anyway, we went to this S$12 machine (freaking ex in my opinion) and took photo. The machine was super fast! Barely had time to register what is going on, and they will auto select for us! Don't know is it because the shop is closing, that's why everything seemed to speed up... sad :(

Well, as expected, pictures didn't turn out nice. Decorating of pictures was pretty much a disaster as well...

I WANT TO TAKE AGAIN! :(

gh was worse though, haha dunno what setting we chose, but he ended up with eyeliners and falsies, SO FUNNYYYY!

here are our disaster filled pictures...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I think this turned out the best, and motivates me to wear falsies EVERYDAY

I miss $4 neoprint machines! :( Look at the tons of neoprints that I used to take!
Photobucket
mayflower and cedar pics
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
 
Photobucket
i think no one has seen this before :) dunno how come it turned out too dark though

Now, no one takes neoprints anymore, very seldom in fact. I think I need to fly to Japan to take neoprints with Elyn! Heeren and Far East Plaza needs to bring back more neoprint machine! I hope neoprint craze is brought back again, just like how Koi brought back the bubble tea craze (don't know how they managed it though, I don't think that it is THAT great la).

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:08 PM

    Hmm it looks like your website ate my first сomment (it ωas extremelу long) so Ι guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enјoying your blog.
    I as well am an aѕpігing blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any suggestions for novice blog writers? I'd gеnuinеly appreсiate it.



    my webpage skybet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails