Wednesday, May 26, 2010

[Nuffnang NFC Pledge - My Mom's Pledge]

Previously I blogged about my pledge for the NFC. Now, it's my mummy's turn for part 2 of the contest!

Family doesn't just restrict to the immediate family. Now our nuclear families are getting smaller and smaller, with parents only wanting 1 or 2 kids, maximum. It is important to bond with your extended family as well.

Photobucket
with maternal side of my family, though sadly, my ah gong is not with us anymore


For me, I guess I'm closer to mummy's side of the family. Because we used to always go my grandparents' house for dinner, and last time uncle peter, aunty jacqueline also used to stay there. together with eugene.

so somehow, we have always been kind of close. If you have been loyally following my blog, you will know that i have cousins stayover at least once a year. mummy always bring eugene and ian to my house during the school holidays, and they will camp over for a few nights, together with my ah gong. and we will go visit some places in singapore, like a mini tour like that.


Photobucket

Photobucket
one of our first few outings i think, at the Singapore Science Centre



Photobucket
going to the zoo with my ah gong and aunt jeannie



Photobucket
at Jurong East Swimming Complex


Photobucket
at East Coast Park



Photobucket
At Macritchie board walk, with ah gong and melvin (another cousin)



of course i know that soon they will both grow up, and cousins stayover will be nonexistent soon, because well, they will have their own activities when they are older, not like they are kids anymore. but i'll always treat them as the little brothers that I never had.

and so will my mummy.

and here's her pledge:

She pledges to always always bring them over every school holidays, until a point where perhaps they are not keen on it, but will still be always there for eugene and ian, and to help them in any ways that she can :)

in fact, i think this pledge has been ongoing since day 1. but i guess it carries a heavier meaning to be placed in black and white. and of course she wishes that both the boys will always live together harmoniously, and be there for each other. in fact i think they are getting along better now, no more silly fights already (or less la perhaps)

Photobucket

Photobucket
to always be there for each other...



and i shall end off with two pics of my mummy and eugene/ian,

Photobucket

Photobucket


and i'm sure they know that their 'ah bor' loves them alot as well (:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails