Monday, May 03, 2010

[Hot Tomato - 313@Somerset 1-for-1]

If you have been reading the Straits Times or happen to walk past 313@Somerset last weekend (1st to 2nd May), you will have notice the 1-for-1 offers at certain food outlets. Hence, mummy and I decided to try Hot Tomato Cafe & Grill, a place that we have never eaten before.

Photobucket



so we ordered our meals and upgraded one for a set menu (plus $2.90). it was super not worth it. the set menu included soup, bread and gelato.

Photobucket


I didn't take picture of the gelato but it is basically one scoop of icecream, which I think is highly possible to be Walls icecream. the soup was also tastelses and I had to put alot of pepper. However the little mushroom bits inside were nice. Overall, it was definitely not worth the $2.90 upgrade.


Photobucket


mummy ordered Mix Grill at $16.90, which consisted of chicken, lamb and steak. The steak was too tough, but that was because she ordered it well done. She said that the lamb was really good, and she has been craving for lamb ever since. The chicken was not bad as well!


Photobucket

Photobucket


I ordered Lobster Capellini, as did many tables, because it was pretty cheap at $15.90. Well, it was pretty alright at first, but there was too much olive oil, and it was a tad bit too plain! they should have added in some capsicun, red pepper, green pepper, at least it will look more colourful and appetizing!


Overall, I think the food was really not bad, it's a surprise find to me. Because if not for the 1-for-1 promotion, I will never have stepped into the restaurant. Perhaps I'll go back there again, but I'll definitely not order the set menu.


Address:
313 Orchard Road
#B3-35/36 313 @ Somerset

Opens daily 11am to 10pm
Tel: 6884 6631

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails